Answered By: Jens Arneson Last Updated: Mar 02, 2017 Views: 63
This is an error that seems to be limited to Google Chrome, and is caused by the files for the codes themselves being hosted on a different server that the codes website. For the time being, we recommend that users simply visit the database with Firefox or Internet Explorer While the problem will likely be resolved in June when the NFPA updates their site, a current workaround for Chrome:
- Type chrome://settings/ in your address bar
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Show Advanced Settings link.
- Click on Change proxy settings
- Click on Security tab > Trusted sites icon, then click Sites
- Add www.nfpa.org and codesonline.nfpa.org
- Close chrome, reopen and hit ctrl+f5 to clear cache and cookies