Answered By: Nicole Montgomery Last Updated: Dec 11, 2017 Views: 21
How long does it take for something to arrive?
This depends on:
- Whether an item is available at EKU Libraries or if the item has to be borrowed from another library
- Availability and location of the item
- Timeliness of processing the request
- Method of delivery (i.e. USPS, UPS, etc.)
Things that are available at EKU Libraries are generally ready for you within 24-72 hours on regular business days. However, it will take longer if you are an online student/faculty because of mailing time.
Things that are NOT available at EKU Libraries can take 1-2 weeks or more to receive because of mailing time and other factors.
Where do I pick up my stuff?
Items can be picked up at any of the following locations:
- Main Library Help Desk, John Grant Crabbe Library
- Business Library and Academic Commons Help Desk, Business and Technology Complex, Room 269
- Music Library Help Desk, Foster Music Building, Basement 3
- Justice & Safety Dean’s Office, Stratton Building, Room 354
- Regional Campuses: Corbin, Danville, and Manchester
- Office – for faculty, staff, and graduate assistants only; items can be delivered to campus mailing addresses
- Online – for online faculty and students only; items can be delivered to home addresses
Where do I return my stuff?
- Items can be returned to any of our physical locations that are mentioned under Where do I pick up my stuff?
- Faculty, staff, and graduate assistants can return items via Campus Mail to Library Express, Libraries 103
- Online faculty and students can return items via UPS. A prepaid return address label for UPS is included in all packages.
How do I renew my stuff?
If permitted, a renewal for items borrowed from other libraries -- not owned by EKU Libraries -- can be requested via your Library Express account as long as the item is not overdue. To do so:
- Login to your Library Express account
- From the View Your Requests menu, click Items Checked Out
- Click on the Transaction Number
- Click Renew Request
If Renew Request is not an option for you, contact the Library Express office at email@example.com or (859) 622-1415.
Tip! Items owned by EKU Libraries can be renewed using your Library Account.
Are there any fees?
Library Express services are free to you unless an item accrues late fees or becomes lost or damaged. For more information about this, please see the Fees and Recalls section of Library Express Policy.
How do I know when something is ready for me to pick up or download?
An automated email from firstname.lastname@example.org will be sent to your EKU email account. Please check your junk/spam folder. If the email gets delivered to that folder, please mark Library Express as a safe sender.