COVID-19 Library Services Alert!
EKU Libraries is not borrowing or lending any physical items during this time.
Please ignore any overdue notices and do not return any physical materials to the library.
All due dates have been extended to May 9, 2020 and will be extended further if needed!
Library Express, our Interlibrary Loan and Document Delivery service, will limit services to digital items only. We will not borrow or lend out physical items.
Answered By: Nicole Montgomery Last Updated: Jul 24, 2019 Views: 503
Current EKU students and employees now have free access to NYTimes.com and NYT mobile apps, thanks to our Library subscription.* Your access to NYTimes.com is available from any location, on or off campus.
The content on NYTimes.com includes full text of all articles from 1980 to present. (For archival access for articles prior to 1980, please go to our New York Times Historical database provided on the Proquest platform.)
In addition to the news and historical content available at NYTimes.com, you will be able to:
- share content on social networks
- save articles of interest
- subscribe to email newsletters
- set up personalized alerts
We encourage you to take advantage of the world-class journalism of The New York Times to enrich your educational experience by setting up your personalized login following the instructions below.
Do you already have a paid personal account for NYTimes.com? If so, you will need to cancel you current paid personal account before setting up your Academic Pass. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify them that you will be switching from your personal account to an Academic Pass and then follow the directions below.
How to activate your personal NYT Academic Pass:
- Navigate to http://accessNYT.com
- Select Eastern Kentucky University from the drop-down menu
- Follow the instructions. Be sure to enter your EKU email address.
- Once activated, your Pass will provide access to NYTimes.com from any location.
- To download your free NYT apps, visit nytimes.com/mobile.
- Additional information & troubleshooting can be found on the NYTimes website
* Mobile apps are not supported on all devices. Does not include e-reader editions, Times Insider content or digital versions of The New York Times Crossword. This program provides only select access to The New York Times Archive and does not replace database services to which your institution may currently subscribe. You will need to renew this account annually. Other restrictions apply.